About This File
PHAT console owners can enjoy decrypting their internal PS3 HDD's, an work originally stated by Glevand but never finished, and previously updated by Flatz as an PoC, but now some rough tools have appeared that can as least do the job on PHAT consoles, now maybe in the near future there will be hope for those with Slim consoles.
- On the PHAT consoles AES-CBC-192 is used for HDD encryption and AES-CBC-128 for VFLASH encryption.
- So no tweak and tweak key here. Each sector is encrypted with the same zeroed IV.
- VFLASH is encrypted once with ENCDEC key and zeroed IV!
- Data key is of size 32 bytes but only the first 24 bytes are used for HDD and 16 bytes for VFLASH.
- See also Multiupload.nl - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! (contains scripts of ENCDEC emulator for both types of consoles).