hitcounter

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Shoutbox for VIP / Donators only! | Allowed Language: English | Eboot Requests Here!

@  opoisso893 : (16 April 2014 - 09:04 AM) I'm on holidays for 2 weeks so i have less time to work on PS3. I saw your request about Don Bradman and El Chavo Kart. I will do it when i will have time.
@  opoisso893 : (12 April 2014 - 08:12 PM) Fix for 2014 FIFA World CUP Brazil will coming soon ;)
@  opoisso893 : (09 April 2014 - 09:34 AM) Winning post 8 updated with fix for v1.01
@  Senaxx : (06 April 2014 - 08:41 PM) @zerted much appreciated, I'll see what's the problem with your donation being anonymous
@  opoisso893 : (04 April 2014 - 10:16 PM) Lego The Hobbit is out ;)
I hope to upload fix tomorrow
@  WhiteLord : (03 April 2014 - 11:21 AM) From now on Only DH Members can download from Datehacks.
@  WhiteLord : (03 April 2014 - 04:42 AM) We also thank you for the support!
@  zerted : (03 April 2014 - 01:52 AM) it's there now Thanx for everything......
@  zerted : (03 April 2014 - 01:47 AM) I just donated and it does not show my name,just say's anonymous,not a big deal just letting you know, i didn't mark any of the anonymous bubbles either....
@  WhiteLord : (02 April 2014 - 04:55 PM) URGENT Update to prevent Save File corruption.
@  WhiteLord : (02 April 2014 - 04:55 PM) http://www.ps3scenef...-final-edition/
@  opoisso893 : (01 April 2014 - 12:01 AM) Drag-on Dragoon v1.04 fix uploaded here now.
@  opoisso893 : (30 March 2014 - 12:18 AM) Fix for MLB 14 The Show tomorrow ;) (game works on 3.55)
@  KAMAKAZi : (27 March 2014 - 06:12 AM) Senaxx: good luck with the cricket today against us South Africans here, ya know ;)
@  KAMAKAZi : (27 March 2014 - 06:12 AM) Some of the PC mods for for PS3 too ;)
@  WhiteLord : (26 March 2014 - 05:25 PM) New GTA V Cockpit View Mod by me.
@  WhiteLord : (26 March 2014 - 05:25 PM) http://www.ps3scenef...-by-white-lord/
@  WhiteLord : (26 March 2014 - 04:03 PM) DaTeHaCKs will be the official PS3 Skyrim Mods Host.
@  WhiteLord : (26 March 2014 - 04:02 PM) I have mods to release for PS3
@  WhiteLord : (26 March 2014 - 04:02 PM) Speaking of skyrim

Photo

Multiman/iris On Non Jailbroken Ps3?

Tutorials Please!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Scavenger

Scavenger
Scavenger

Members

4 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'm not sure what can be done with a PS3 that has not been jailbroken but I am interested in knowing whether or not MultiMan or Iris can be installed to my PS3. 

I am not concerned with playing Pirated games, can't be bothered to deal with the work that would require nor the bandwidth it would take to get them. I have no intentions on making any physical alterations to the system firmware; my good fortune would lead me to bricking it!! I simply want to know if there is a way of running my purchased games from the PS3 hard drive rather than having to pop discs in and out. Anybody with kids knows exactly what I am saying.

To conclude:

If it is possible to install MultiMan or Iris to my PS3 without Jailbreak, how do I do it and what do I need?

My PS3 is a 320GB CECH-3001B with F/W 4.31

#2 Senaxx

Senaxx
Senaxx

Boss

Administrators

265 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

I'm not sure what can be done with a PS3 that has not been jailbroken but I am interested in knowing whether or not MultiMan or Iris can be installed to my PS3. 

I am not concerned with playing Pirated games, can't be bothered to deal with the work that would require nor the bandwidth it would take to get them. I have no intentions on making any physical alterations to the system firmware; my good fortune would lead me to bricking it!! I simply want to know if there is a way of running my purchased games from the PS3 hard drive rather than having to pop discs in and out. Anybody with kids knows exactly what I am saying.

To conclude:

If it is possible to install MultiMan or Iris to my PS3 without Jailbreak, how do I do it and what do I need?

My PS3 is a 320GB CECH-3001B with F/W 4.31

Well to be short.... this is not possible. Applications that are not officially signed by Sony cannot run on a a system that not has been jailbroken. The jailbreak removes the's checks so that the software can run (among many other things). So if you want to run homebrew (non-official PS3 software like Iris or multiMAN) you need to jailbreak. Even if you where thinking about jailbreaking you have another problem. The ps3 you have (CECH-3001B) cannot be jailbroken or downgraded, not even with an hardware flasher. Source: http://www.ps3devwik...wiki/SKU_Models

#3 Scavenger

Scavenger
Scavenger

Members

4 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

I figured as much as I haven't seen a thing on any Google searches to support my goals!! No big deal. Thanks for the fast reply

#4 Scavenger

Scavenger
Scavenger

Members

4 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

That said though......

I have noticed a severe lacking of step by step easy to read and implement tutorials for Jailbreaking and the installation of backup manager software. I know my version of PS3 can't be jailbroke but I'm sure there are still others with breakable systems that are stuck because they've got no resources to safely and effectively Jailbreak their systems.

Come on people, if you've got the know how to do this, lets get it put together and posted. If perhaps you have the know how for Jailbreak but not for how to put the info together in a guide format, I'll help. You simply put together a rough idea and I'll put together the format and the final release

#5 Senaxx

Senaxx
Senaxx

Boss

Administrators

265 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Well the problem is there is not 1 really easy method. You really need a hardware flasher for downgrading when you are on 3.55+ firmware. And there are a few different type's of motherboard out for the PS3. But after you got a dump the process is the same. 

#6 footballhero

footballhero
footballhero

Members

1 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

hey any idea if i can run this blackbox on my ps3 the f/w is 4.31 just bought it  classic white 500 giger

#7 Senaxx

Senaxx
Senaxx

Boss

Administrators

265 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

hey any idea if i can run this blackbox on my ps3 the f/w is 4.31 just bought it  classic white 500 giger

No, as stated in the topic you need Custom Firmware on your playstation 3. Not original FW .

#8 bainshardy

bainshardy
bainshardy

Members

1 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hey there. i have got ps3 320 GB. model CECH-2001A the fat model. the firmware version is 4.31. any idea how to downgrade it? i just tried installing 4.31 CFW using USB. probably i have finished with that. but i dont know whether i have done it properly or not. can somebody please tell how to check if it jailbroken or not? and how to install multiman in it? any help will be appreciated. thanks in advance. :)

#9 Senaxx

Senaxx
Senaxx

Boss

Administrators

265 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hey there. i have got ps3 320 GB. model CECH-2001A the fat model. the firmware version is 4.31. any idea how to downgrade it? i just tried installing 4.31 CFW using USB. probably i have finished with that. but i dont know whether i have done it properly or not. can somebody please tell how to check if it jailbroken or not? and how to install multiman in it? any help will be appreciated. thanks in advance. :)

If i look in the SKU Models list your ps3 should be downgradable. But you need a hardware downgrader for this. Your PS3 has a 16MB NOR chip that you can downgrade with an E3 Flasher or progskeet. The E3 Flasher is a non-solder option. There is no software-only method for that. As soon you have downgraded your console to 3.55 with the E3 downgrader you can upgrade to a CFW 4.41 / 4.46. This will give you an extra option to install packages from usb drive like multiman. 

Welcome guest to PS3SceneFiles
Please login or register to start downloading files!